Official Homer Seal  

Historical Homer

This brick structure with arched windows and a decorative cornice was built in 1876, five years after Homer incorporated as a village. A fire station, jail, and city offices initially occupied the building which is located in the center of the commercial district. Shortly after its construction, townspeople used the facilities for public meetings and theatricals. Now attached to the new fire station and municipal offices, it is the oldest public building in Homer.
Registered Site L0439
Erected 1977
Location: 128 East Main Street
Homer, Calhoun County


Back to Homer History Index

Back to