Official Homer Seal  

Historical Homer

The First Presbyterian Church of Homer was organized with thirty-four members under the direction of the Reverend Elijah Buck in 1838. Shortly afterwards, services were held in the "Session House," which served the group until 1853, when the existing sanctuary was built. In 1886 the narthex was added and the church was remodeled under the guidance of architect L. D. Grosvenor. The architectural style is Renaissance Classical, showing some influence of Sir Christopher Wren.
Registered Site L0934
Erected 1985
Location: 309 South Sophia Street
Homer, Calhoun County


Back to Homer History Index

Back to