BASS FISHING TOURNAMENT ENTRY RULES
To be held Saturday, August 7, 2004, at 6:00 a.m. on Homer Lake. Fishing may continue until the weigh in time at 9:00 a.m.
These event rules have been conformed from the Northern Bass Anglers Association tournament rules.
1. PARTICIPANTS AND ELIGIBILITY: This tournament
is open to all ages, however, children under 18 must be accompanied
by an adult. Tournament fee is $5 per boat, to cover event
2. TIES: In the event of a tie, prizes will be awarded to all first place teams.
3. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND DRUGS: At no time during tournament hours are any alcoholic beverages or drugs, other then prescription, allowed in the boat or to be consumed while on the water.
4. BOATS AND MOTORS: There is no horsepower limit; however, no engine may exceed BIA horsepower rating for the boat on which it is used. All boats must meet US Coast Guard and State regulations. All boats must have an emergency kill switch. All boats must have an aerated livewell large enough to sustain the tournament limit in releasable condition.
5.SAFETY: Boating safety must be observed at all times during competition. A US Coast Guard approved life preserver is to be on and fastened any time the combustible engine is operative.
6. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT: All fish must be caught in a legal sporting manner. Intentional snagging of fish will not be allowed. Trolling with the aid of combustion or electric motors is not permitted. Only one rod may be used at any one time. There will be a courtesy bump board available. This will be the official measurement used.
7. PROTESTS: All protests must be submitted in writing within 15 minutes of the closing of the scales.
8. SCORING: Each team may weigh in 1 fish for the tournament: bass. Any team weighing a fish shorter than the legal tournament length will have that fish disqualified. Each team is required to leave from and return to a specified checkpoint. Any team returning to the checkpoint late will be disqualified. You must leave by boat and return by boat.
9. PERMITTED FISHING WATERS: All fishing must be done from a previous inspected boat. No fishing is allowed within 25 yards of another tournament boat without that boat's permission.
10. OFF LIMITS: No pre-fishing will be allowed prior to the event on tournament day.
For more information, please contact Brent Michael at 517-568-4659.
Back to the Homer Summer Festival Home Page
Back to the Homer
Michigan Home Page